We understand the challenges faced by anyone planning for their own, or their family’s future, at whatever stage they are at in life.
We can help you navigate the options to find a balance between the desire to receive high quality care and preserve assets for the next generation.
We can help you plan for later life in a number of way, including:
- structure your will (and that of your partner) in the best way to protect an inheritance for your loved ones
- plan for a time when someone you trust might have to make decisions on your behalf by making a Power of Attorney
- provide you with advice in relation to the financial assessments carried out by local authorities, if you require support at home or care in a residential setting
- consider how you own your home to make sure you and your assets are protected
- help you explore the options available to fund long term care
- talk you through the strategies or products often promoted as a way to avoid liability for care home fees and make sure you understand the risks – particularly asset protection trusts that may fall foul of the deprivation of capital rules
We won’t try to sell you expensive ‘products’ or make bold claims about techniques that will guarantee success. We will give you honest information and advice about the available options and potential consequences.